- C. Zhang, X. Ouyang, P. Patras, “ZipNet-GAN: Inferring Fine-grained Mobile Traffic Patterns via a Generative Adversarial Neural Network”, International Conference on Emerging Networking Experiments and Technologies (ACM CoNEXT), Dec 2017.
- Abhirup Gosh, Christopher,Lucas, and Rik Sarkar, Finding Periodic Discrete Events in Noisy Streams, The 26th ACM Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM), Aug 2017.
- Xenofon Foukas, Mahesh K. MArina, and Kimon Kontovasilis, Orion: RAN Slicing for a Flexible and Cost-Effective Multi-Service Mobile Network Architecture , In Proc. of ACM MobiCom, Oct 2017.
- Galini Tsoukaneri, Xenofon Foukas and Mahesh K. Marina, ASPIS: A Holistic and Practical Mechanism for Efficient MTC Support over Mobile Networks , In Proc. 14th IEEE Int’l Conf. on Mobile Ad-hoc and Sensor Systems (MASS’17), Oct 2017.
- Xenofon Foukas, George Patounas, Ahmed Elmokashfi, and Mahesh K. Marina, Network Slicing in 5G: Survey and Challenges, In IEEE Communications Special Issue on Network Slicing in 5G Systems, May 2017.
- Mah-Rukh Fida, Andra Lutu, Mahesh K. Marina and Ozgu Alay, ZipWeave: Towards Efficient and Reliable Measurement based Mobile Coverage Maps, In Proc. IEEE INFOCOM, May 2017.
- Morteza Kheirkhah and Myungjin Lee, AMP: A Better Multipath TCP for Data Center Netowrks, Technical report, Jul 2017
- Praveen Tammana, Rachit Agarwal, and Myungjin Lee, Simplifying Data Center Network Debugging with PathDump, 12th USENIX Symposium on Operating Systems Design and Implementation (OSDI 2016) [slides] [github] [talk]
- G. Tsoukaneri, G. Theodorakopoulos, H. Leather and M. K. Marina, On the Inference of User Paths from Anonymized Mobility Data , Proc. 1st IEEE European Symposium on Security and Privacy (EuroS&P 2016), Mar 2016.
- X. Foukas, K. Kontovasilis and M. K. Marina, Exploiting Short-Range Cooperation for Energy Efficient Vertical Handover Operations, in Proc. 11th International Conference on Network and Service Management (CNSM’15), Nov 2015.
- M. Kassem and M. K. Marina, Future Wireless Spectrum Below 6GHz: A UK Perspective, in Proc. 8th IEEE Symposium on Dynamic Spectrum Access Networks (DySPAN’15), Oct 2015.
- S. Manickam, B. Radunovic and M. K. Marina, ShiftFFT: An Efficient Approach to Mitigate Adjacent Channel Interference in OFDM Systems, in Proc. 2nd ACM Workshop on Hot Topics in Wireless (HotWireless’15) in conjunction with ACM MobiCom, Sept 2015.
- P. Patras, H. Feghhi, D. Malone and D. Leith, Policing 802.11 MAC Misbehaviours, IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, in press, Sept. 2015.
- M. K. Marina, V. Radu and K. Balampekos, Impact of Indoor-Outdoor Context on Crowdsourcing based Mobile Coverage Analysis, in Proc. ACM SIGCOMM 2015 Workshop on All Things Cellular: Operations, Applications and Challenges, Aug 2015.
- M. Molinari, M. Fida, M. K. Marina and A. Pescape, Spatial Interpolation based Cellular Coverage Prediction with Crowdsourced Measurements, in Proc. ACM SIGCOMM 2015 Workshop on Crowdsourcing and crowdsharing of Big (Internet) Data, Aug 2015.
- P. Patras, A. Garcia-Saavedra, D. Malone and D. Leith, Rigorous and Practical Proportional-fair Allocation for Multi-rate Wi-Fi, Elsevier Ad Hoc Networks, in press, June 2015.
- Praveen Tammana, Rachit Agarwal, and Myungjin Lee, CherryPick: Tracing Packet Trajectory in Software-Defined Datacenter Networks, ACM SIGCOMM Symposium on SDN Research (SOSR), June 2015.
- R. Riggio, M. K. Marina, J. Schulz–Zander, S. Kuklinski and T. Rasheed, Programming Abstractions for Software-Defined Wireless Networks, IEEE Transactions on Network and Service Management (TNSM), Vol. 12, No. 2, June 2015.
- Soojeon Lee, Myungjin Lee, Dongman Lee, Hyungsoo Jung, and Byoung-Sun Lee, TCPRand: Randomizing TCP Payload Size for TCP Fairness in Data Center Networks, in the Proceedings of IEEE Infocom, April 2015.
- L. Kriara and M. K. Marina, SampleLite: A Hybrid Approach to 802.11n Link Adaptation, ACM SIGCOMM Computer Communication Review, April 2015.
- Myungjin Lee, Mohammad Hajjat, Ramana Rao Kompella, and Sanjay Rao, “A Flow Measurement Architecture to Preserve Application Structure”, Elsevier Journal on Computer Networks (COMNET), Volume 77, February 2015
- P. Katsikouli, R. Sarkar and J. Gao, Persistence Based Online Signal and Trajectory Simplification for Mobile Devices, Proc. 22nd ACM SIGSPATIAL International Conference on Advances in Geographic Information Systems (SIGSPATIAL’14), Nov 2014.
- V. Radu, P. Katsikouli, R. Sarkar and M. K. Marina, A Semi-supervised Learning Approach for Robust Indoor-Outdoor Detection with Smartphones, Proc. 12th ACM Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems (SenSys’14), Nov 2014. Poster version appeared at MOBICOM’14.
- R. Riggio, K. Gomez, T. Rasheed, J. Schulz–Zander, S. Kuklinski and M. K. Marina, Programming Software-Defined Wireless Networks, Proc. 10th International Conference on Network and Service Management (CNSM’14), Nov 2014. Poster version appeared in MOBICOM’14.
- N. Nikaein, M. K. Marina, S. Manickam, A. Dawson, R. Knopp and C. Bonnet, OpenAirInterface: A Flexible Platform for 5G Research, ACM SIGCOMM Computer Communication Review, Oct 2014.
- X. Foukas, M. K. Marina and K. Kontovasilis, Software Defined Networking Concepts, Book Chapter in Software Defined Mobile Networks (SDMN): Beyond LTE Network Architecture, M. Liyanage, A. Gurtov and M. Ylianttila, editors, Wiley, 2014.
- A. Dawson, F. Garcia and M. K. Marina, On the Benefits of RAN Virtualisation in C-RAN Based Mobile Networks, Proc. 3rd European Workshop on Software Defined Networks (EWSDN’14), Sept 2014.
- J. Lee, Y. Turner, M. Lee, L. Popa, S. Banerjee, J. Kang and P. Sharma, Application-Driven Bandwidth Guarantees in Datacenters, ACM Special Interest Group on Data Communication (SIGCOMM), Aug 2014.
- A. Farshad, M. Lee, M. K. Marina and F. Garcia, On the Impact of 802.11n Frame Aggregation on End-to-End Available Bandwidth Estimation, Proc. 11th IEEE Conference on Sensing, Communication and Networking (SECON’14), Jul 2014.
- M. Lee, S. Goldberg, R. R. Kompella and G. Varghese, FineComb: Measuring Microscopic Latency and Loss in the Presence of Reordering, IEEE/ACM Transaction on Networking (ToN), 2014.
- S. Manickam, M. K. Marina, S. Pediaditaki and M. Nekovee, An Iterative and Truthful Multi-Unit Auction Scheme for Coordinated Sharing of Spectrum White Spaces, ACM SIGMETRICS Performance Evaluation Review — Special Issue on the Joint Workshop on Pricing and Incentives in
Networks and Systems (W-PIN+NetEcon 2014), 2014.
- A. Farshad, M. K. Marina and F. J. Garcia, Urban WiFi Characterization via Mobile Crowdsensing, Proc. 14th IEEE/IFIP Network Operations and Management Symposium (NOMS), Krakow, Poland, May 2014.
- K. Huang, C.-C. Ni, R. Sarkar, J. Gao and J. Mitchell, Bounded Stretch Geographic Homotopic Routing in Sensor Networks, Proc. 33rd Annual IEEE Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM), Apr 2014.
- V. Siris, K. Balampekos and M. K. Marina, Mobile Quality of Experience: Recent Advances and Challenges, Proc. IEEE PerCom Workshops, Mar 2014.
- G. Bernardi, D. Fenacci and M. K. Marina, BSense: A Flexible and Open-Source Broadband Mapping Framework, Springer Mobile Networks and Applications (MONET) Journal Special Issue on Mobile Networks and Management, 2014.
- B. Mirzasoleiman, A. Karbasi, R. Sarkar and A. Krause, Distributed Submodular Optimization: Identifying Representative Elements in Massive Data, In Proc. Neural Information Processing Systems (NIPS), Dec 2013.
- P. Prakash, M. Lee, Y. C. Hu, R. R. Kompella, J. Wang and S. Dassarma, Jumbo Frames or Not: That is the Question!, Technical Report, TR-13-006, Purdue University, Nov 2013.
- M. Lee, N. Duffield and R. R. Kompella, High-Fidelity Per-Flow Delay Measurements with Reference Latency Interpolation, In IEEE/ACM Transaction on Networking (ToN), Volume 21, Issue 5, Oct 2013.
- V. Radu, L. Kriara and M. K. Marina, Pazl: A Mobile Crowdsensing based Indoor WiFi Monitoring System, In Proc. 9th International Conference on Network and Service Management (CNSM), Oct 2013.
- V. Radu and M. K. Marina, HiMLoc: Indoor Smartphone Localization via Activity Aware Pedestrian Dead Reckoning with Selective Crowdsourced WiFi Fingerprinting, In Proc. 4th International Conference on Indoor Positioning and Indoor Navigation (IPIN), Oct 2013. (Nominated for Best Paper Award)
- A. Farshad, J. Li, M. K. Marina and F. J. Garcia, A Microscopic Look at WiFi Fingerprinting for Indoor Mobile Phone Localization in Diverse Environments, In Proc. 4th International Conference on Indoor Positioning and Indoor Navigation (IPIN), Oct 2013.
- N. Hernandez, J. Alonso and M. Ocana and M. K. Marina, Impact of Signal Representations on the Performance of Hierarchical WiFi Localization Systems, In Springer LNCS – Selected Papers from EUROCAST 2013 (International Conference on Computer Aided Systems Theory), 2013.
- L. Boccassi, M. Fayed and M. K. Marina, Binder: A System to Aggregate Multiple Internet Gateways in Community Networks, In Proc. ACM MobiCom 2013 LCDNet Workshop, Sep 2013.
- P. Patras, H. Qi and D. Malone, Mitigating Collisions through Power-Hopping to Improve 802.11 Performance, in press, Elsevier Pervasive and Mobile Computing, 2013.
- D. Malone, H. Qi, D. Botvich and P. Patras, 802.11 Buffers: When Bigger is Not Better?, In Proc. of International Workshop on Wireless Access Flexibility (WiFlex), Springer Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS), Kaliningrad, Russia, Sep 2013.
- R. Sarkar and J. Gao, Differential Forms for Target and Aggregate Queries in Distributed Networks, IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking (IEEE/ACM TON), vol. 21, iss. 4, Aug 2013.
- J. Lee, M. Lee, L. Popa, Y. Turner, S. Banerjee, P. Sharma and B. Stephenson, CloudMirror: Application-Aware Bandwidth Reservations in the Cloud, In Proc. of USENIX HotCloud, Jun 2013.
- H. Feghhi, P. Patras and D. Malone, Practical Node Policing in 802.11 WLANs (demo), In Proc. of IEEE 14th International Symposium on a World of Wireless, Mobile and Multimedia Networks (WoWMoM), Madrid, Spain, Jun 2013.
- L. Kriara, M. K. Marina and A. Farshad, Characterization of 802.11n Wireless LAN Performance via Testbed Measurements and Statistical Analysis, In Proc. IEEE SECON, Jun 2013. (Nominated for Best Paper Award)
- R. Sarkar, X. Zhu and J. Gao, Distributed and Compact Routing Using Spatial Distributions in Wireless Sensor Networks, ACM Transactions on Sensor Networks (ACM TOSN), Article 32, Volume 9, Issue 3, May 2013.
- A. Giannoulis, P. Patras and E. Knightly, Mobile Access of Wide-Spectrum Networks: Design, Deployment and Experimental Evaluation, In Proc. of IEEE 32nd International Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM), Turin, Italy, Apr. 2013.
- P. Serrano, P. Patras, A. Mannocci, V. Mancuso and A. Banchs, Control Theoretic Optimization of 802.11 WLANs: Implementation and Experimental Evaluation, Computer Networks, vol. 57, no. 1, pp. 258–272, Jan 2013.